Ashgate Handbook of Pesticides and Agricultural Chemicals Hardcover – Jun 1 2000
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Pesticides and other agricultural chemicals are in use in virtually every country in the world. It is therefore useful and important to those involved with these chemicals to have a collection of data concerning the substances most commonly used for agricultural purposes.
This Handbook includes data on over 1,800 substances, including a number of mixtures, which are important in agriculture. Almost all records describing pure chemicals carry the appropriate CAS Registry Number and the associated EINECS Number. All chemicals in this edition which also appear in the twelfth edition of the Merck Index have the Merck Index Number provided. Wherever possible, the following information is also provided for each entry: definitions, classifications, chemical composition, functions, applications, suppliers, melting point, boiling point, density or specific gravity, refractive index, optical rotation, ultraviolet absorption, solubility, and acute toxicity.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
G.W.A. Milne was a Senior Researcher at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD, USA where he worked on the use of spectroscopy for structure determination of organic compounds, and on molecular modeling in the design of drugs for the treatment of cancer and AIDS. He has been active for many years in the fields of chemical information and chemical computation, and is the Editor of the American Chemical Society's Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences; the CRC Handbook of Pesticides (CRC Press); Properties of Pesticides (CRC Press); Gardner's Chemical Synonyms and Trade Names, Eleventh Edition (Ashgate); and Drugs: Synonyms and Properties (Ashgate).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Organic
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Industrial & Technical
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Organic
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Agriculture
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry