- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Aspects of the Secular Cantata in Late Baroque Italy Hardcover – Oct 28 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'This collection of essays by an international group of writers is much to be welcomed in contributing to scholarly studies on a relatively neglected area of academic research. ...This volume repays close attention.' The Consort 'Focusing on the solo cantata, as conceived by Italian-born composers working between 1650 and 1750, the essays in this volume offer something for everyone, whether the reader is new to the genre, a seasoned performer, or a veteran historian... all of the essays offer important contributions to our understanding of the genre...' Early Music America 'The volume's strength is its diversified approach, which makes it useful on various levels. ... These essays collected together by Talbot stand as a milestone in modern studies on the cantata, a further essential advance in knowledge of this repertory...' Early Music
About the Author
Michael Talbot is an Emeritus Professor at the Liverpool University, UK
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Schools, Periods & Styles > Baroque
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Voice
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Opera
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Opera
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music