"Most people might think that Capricorns desire above all to attain the respect of the masses. It is more accurate to say that they crave the respect of those whom they themselves respect...yet another way they gain the respect of an `in' crowd." - From the book
Skilled metaphysicians and artists, the husband-wife team of Monte Farber and Amy Zerner--also known as The Enchanted Couple--have birthed a great new book series dedicated to each of the 12 Sun Signs of the Zodiac called Astrology Gems.
I had the pleasure of reading the entire Astrology Gems series and was surprised and delighted with both the format and content.
Although the Astrology Gems series are small gift books, they are jam packed with practical, eerily incisive information. Some of the tidbits found in the Capricorn book include:
* Charts on related planet, element, quality, day, colors, plants, gemstones, metal, etc.
* Extensive keywords
* Lists of Typical Behavior/Personality Traits, Positive Traits, Negative Traits, Behaviors/Abilities at Work
* Behavior/Abilities at Home, Attitude Towards Money, Leisure Interests/Pastimes, Likes, and Dislikes
* Romantic Pairings, Health, Capricorn as Parent, Child, Co-worker, and as Friend
* Capricorn as Employer and Employee
* Typical Occupations, First Dates, and Capricorn in Love
* How Saturn, the taskmaster ruling planet, influences Capricorns
Conventional, dutiful and often cynical, Capricorns are good organizers that make loyal friends and devoted family members.
If you're a Capricorn--or someone you love is born under the sign of the Water Goat--the Astrology Gems series for Capricorns will show you:
* Why Capricorns are unlikely to fall for "flakes" or unpredictable folks
* Why non-conformists will likely NOT turn the head of a Capricorn
* How they fare with details and routines
* The source of their workaholism
If you're looking for piercingly insightful information on Capricorns that goes beyond the usual cookie-cutter astrology book, the Astrology Gems series abundantly delivers.
Janet Boyer, author of The Back in Time Tarot Book: Picture the Past, Experience the Cards, Understand the Present (coming Fall 2008 from Hampton Roads Publishing)