Amazon.ca Product Description
Strategy warfare enters a new realm with the first DUNGEONS & DRAGONS real-time strategy experience. Command armies from another time and plane, as they converge to deliver their world into light… or bury it forever within the darkness. Control the fate of warring races as you reign over the land with mythic armies and plunge leaders underground for RPG-styled play. Your maneuvers will determine the future of Eberron, the newest D&D universe, a world of natural magic, ancient technology and creatures without pity... Your decisions. Your move.
From the Manufacturer
is a real-time strategy experience based in the mystical world of Eberron, the acclaimed new Dungeons & Dragons realm. Within this wholly imaginative setting lives an inventive gameplay fusion: dramatic RTS play is affected by the risks and rewards of a thrilling RPG-styled underworld.
As players direct troops over the land, they also plunge smaller, hero-led parties below ground to an RPG-modeled world of beasts, battles, and bounty. Experience and items gained in this underworld result in great powers and abilities above ground.
Using magic, weaponry, and skilled maneuvers, players command armies from varying races to control, protect--or destroy--the powerful Heart of Siberys. Obtaining this omnipotent artifact will unleash its full forces, good or evil, upon the entire world.
- The first Dungeons & Dragons real-time strategy experience
- The first D&D game from the all-new Eberron campaign setting
- Groundbreaking game design with two levels of interconnected action: dramatic RTS war above ground and critical RPG-styled battles in dungeons below
- Four ranges of controllable units: powerful champions, heroic captains, trainable henchmen, and nearly unstoppable battlefield juggernauts
- Unit development based on 'Experience Points', allowing players to "level up" units--an added RPG twist to the classic RTS gameplay structure
- An innovative village grid system--the "Nexus System"--where choice and placement of buildings can specifically affect units powers
- Co-op and head-to-head multiplayer modes
- Three warring factions (in multiplayer modes), each with its own history, campaigns, unique strengths... and weaknesses
- Game story by Eberron creator Keith Baker
- A variety of threatening environments, all with the "Hyper Terrain" feature, creating real-time terrain deformation in the wake of unit movements