Athens is the city of history. Wherever you walk you will feel the historic importance of its monument and the living history of the locals themes and traditions. It is one of the oldest capitals in the World. In this itinerary you will find info about Athens World famous monuments but also some lesser known places from the Middle age and modern years. Birthplace of Democracy, theatre, architecture, Athens is the place where you would follow the footsteps of Socrates, Platon and Aristotle. Nowadays a modern metropolis vivid and alive that never sleeps. Hosting an endless variety of galleries, hotels, bars and restaurants. It is a city that will amaze you for its glorious past but furthermore for its potential present.
== Sights & places you'll see with this itinerary ==
* Acropolis monuments
* Ancient agora and surroundings
* Archaeological pedestrian paths and directions.
* Hills of Athens
* Museums of Athens
* Gazi nightlife
* Presidential guards at Syntagma square
* Panathenaikon Olympic Stadium
* Presidential Palace
* Ermou shopping Street
* Plaka old historical neighborhood
* Enjoy the famous Greek cuisine in some of the best restaurants and taverns and much more!
== What does the itinerary include ==
* Maps and walking directions for each place you will visit
* Tips for hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars, transportation, tickets.
* My contact information for any additional help or advice you will need.
* Information and details about Athens beach coast (other places to visit).
* Numerous pictures to help you know what not to miss
== Itinerary Table of Contents ==
* About the Author -- Information about myself and how to contact me if you have additional questions.
* The 3-day highlights itinerary -- I provide a detailed itinerary with activities, times and specific instructions.
* Transportation Tips on getting around Athens
* Restaurants -- General recommendations on finding great places to eat
* Other Places to See -- If you've got extra time in Athens, I highlight and recommend different areas that didn't make the cut into the 3-day itinerary.
== Why you should buy this Guide instead of another? ==
* All the information is current and updated.
* Suggestions, tips, and the itinerary was made by a local who lives in the city.
* In this itinerary you will go to locals places, beyond the tourist traps.
* Includes suggestions for places and locations ideal for photography.
* Save time and go to the places worth seeing and doing.
== Who is this guide for? ==
* The first or second time visitor of Athens who wants to receive experiences and knowledge from its travel.
* People who enjoy walking around a city
Let me show you my city and guide you through this itinerary to the places that make Athens unique.
Wish you a great city break to Athens! Have a great time!