- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Atlas of the European Novel: 1800-1900 Paperback – Sep 17 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“With intellectual elegance, Moretti invites us to use maps, not as all-encompassing solutions, but as generators of ideas.”—Umberto Eco
“Moretti ... is a seductive, stylish guide. One has the powerful sense of reading the results of concentrated thought: every page contains an aphoristic insight ... The reader is smuggled across borders that flash by in the dark ... The Atlas of the European Novel is a wonderful achievement: a visual pleasure as much as a textual one; a work in the vanguard of a new critical school that marries grand theory with a punctuating wit.”—Steven Poole, The Guardian
“A genuine and useful and inspired work of aesthetic investigation ... it will have a massive importance, not only to critics, but more importantly, to writers.”—New York Press
“. . . a frequently brilliant and almost always eye-opening book.”—Washington City Paper
About the Author
Franco Moretti teaches English and Comparative Literature at Columbia University. He is the author of Signs Taken for Wonders, The Way of the World and Modern Epic, all from Verso.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > European
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Movements & Periods
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European