Audel Carpenters and Builders Library: Millwork, Power Tools, Painting Hardcover – Dec 4 1991
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
How to achieve a perfect finish
You already know that the building isn't finished just because the walls are up and the roof is on. Interior detailsflooring, stairs, trimwork, cabinets, fireplaces, and paintingfinish the project and give it character. This guide clearly explains each step, discusses the tools involved, and even examines insulation, termite protection, maintenance, and how to set up a workshop that makes it all easier.
- Determine coverage rates for various paints and make the selection that fits your project
- Explore the advantages of paint spray guns and high-pressure water treatments
- Analyze types of insulation and choose one that provides peak efficiency
- Learn the pros and cons of different types of chimneys and prefabricated fireplaces
- Design and plan a workshop with the equipment and machinery you'll need for finishing
- Take advantage of an extensive glossary of carpentry and building terms
About the Author
Rex Miller was a Professor of Industrial Technology at The State University of New York, College at Buffalo for more than 35 years. He has taught on the technical school, high school, and college level for more than 40 years. He is the author or coauthor of more than 100 textbooks ranging from electronics through carpentry and sheet metal work. He has contributed more than 50 magazine articles over the years to technical publications. He is also the author of seven Civil War regimental histories.
Mark Richard Miller finished his BS degree in New York and moved on to Ball State University, where he obtained the Masters and went to work in San Antonio. He taught in high school and went to graduate school in College Station, Texas, finishing the doctorate. He took a position at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, Texas, where he now teaches in the Industrial Technology Department as a Professor and Department Chairman. He has coauthored 11 books and contributed many articles to technical magazines. His hobbies include refinishing a 1970 Plymouth Super Bird and a 1971 Road-Runner.--This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Carpentry
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Remodeling & Renovation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- Books > Textbooks