From the Back Cover
Heres the ultimate motor tool
If you need information about installing, repairing, andmaintaining any type of electric motor, this book belongs in yourtoolbox. Completely revised and illustrated, it covers principlesof motor function, choosing and replacing motors, identifying andrepairing common problems, performing routine maintenance, andmore, all without excessive math. Its the guide your fatherrelied on, now fully updated for the twenty-first century.
- Understand both AC and DC motor function and operation
- Repair small series motors and troubleshoot special types ofmotors
- Compare methods of motor control, including various switches,starters, and timing relays
- Troubleshoot fractional horsepower motors, includingsplit-phase induction, capacitor start, repulsion, shaded-pole,hysteresis synchronous, and universal motors
- Learn the best procedures for stripping and rewinding armaturesand stators
- Modify AC motors for speed control
- Discover which tools and supplies youll always need
About the Author
is a former Professor of Industrial Technology, aforty-year educator, and the author or coauthor of more than 100textbooks.
Mark Richard Miller is a Professor and Chairman of theIndustrial Technology Department at Texas A&M University inKingsville, Texas.