From the Back Cover
This tool needs no maintenance
Fully revised and updated, this convenient guide covers thelatest industrial equipment as well as all the tools and machinesprevalent in older plants, even those from the early 1970s andbefore.
Your complete reference tool
- Discusses machinery installation, welding, rigging, carpentry,basic electricity, and more
- Features a chapter on safety issues
- Covers belts, drives, transmissions, and bearings
- Examines automatic sprinkler systems
- Offers tips for preventive maintenance
- Includes coverage of piping and pipefitting
- Reviews shop mathematics, geometry, and trigonometry
About the Author
Thomas B. Davis (Newark, DE) is president of Maintenance Troubleshooting, a 25-year old technical trades book re-seller and consulting company. As a mechanical engineer, Tom provides training in the preventive and predictive maintenance fields from the corporate boardroom to the maintenance break room on the shop floor. He has developed unique preventive maintenance products including a coupling alignment kit; a professional dynamic balancing kit, a hand-held balancing computer, and a vibration based tagging kit.