From the Back Cover
Find the answer every time
Here, in concise, straightforward language, is the guidebook your father trusted, completely overhauled and updated for the first time in three decades. Clearly organized to help you find what you need, it covers tools, drawing and sketching, measuring and connecting, installation, bearings, motor maintenance, electrical devices, structural steel, and more. Everything about the newest equipment is here, as well as information vital to maintaining the older machinery still found in many shops.
- Apply the right method of installation for various types of machinery and equipment
- Install, repair, and maintain chain drives and V-belt drives
- Perform preventive and predictive motor maintenance
- Understand and maintain wet and dry pipe sprinkler systems
- Troubleshoot and repair pumps, air compressors, fans, and blowers
- Create and use sheet metal patterns
- Sharpen hand saws, band saws and circular saws
About the Author
Thomas Bieber Davis is a mechanical engineer and trainer in preventive and predictive maintenance at all levels. He has also developed preventive maintenance products for industrial use.
Carl A. Nelson wrote numerous practical manuals for the mechanical trades, including earlier editions of this book, before his death in 1993.