Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: PaperbackChange

on May 19, 2004
I always have this book near me at work. It's an excellent reference, particularly if you're in your first few years in the trade.
The book has seventeen chapters, plus an appendix. Here's the table of contents from my copy of the book:
1. Math and Metrics.
2. Calculating Offsets.
3. Pipe Welding with Oxyacetylene and Arc.
4. Automatic Fire Protection Systems.
5. Steam Heating Systems.
6. Hot-Water Heating Systems.
7. Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
8. Process Piping Using Plastics.
9. Grooved-End and Plain-End Piping Systems.
10. Learning to Use an Instrument Level.
11. Pneumatic Control Systems.
12. Gas Piping.
13. Tungsten Inert Gas Welding.
14. Trouble-Shooting Tips for Arc Welding.
15. Pipe Welders' Definitions.
16. Definitions of Heating and Air Conditioning Terms.
17. Glossary of Terms Relating to Plastic Piping.
on March 8, 2004
I've been waiting for a revision of this Audel book for almost 10 years, and it's finally here! I always have a devil of a time finding any useful books about my trade-pipe fitting. The only thing I ever found was the old edition of this book, I guess that reviewer who wrote that review dated 2000 was talking about the old edition because the new one just came out-in late 2003. And what an improvement. I'm giving one to each guy on my crew!
on September 7, 2010
Great book to have in your pocket, I'm new in pipeline welding and this book gives me a hand on basic tune-up, good to have if your not sure with some setting or procedure, It will also gives you a quick reference for all types of welding process.
on April 5, 2000
Although the information in this book is factual, I find that the contents do not match the name of the book. Most of the information should already be known to the tradesman. When looking at a pocket manuel, I am looking for quick referances, pre-figured math tables, and or drawings. A better title for this book would be, Pipefitter's and welder's pocket manuel for beginer's.