- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Audel Pumps and Hydraulics Paperback – Oct 29 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Pull up what you need to know
Pumps and hydraulic equipment are now used in more facets of industry than ever before. Whether you are a pump operator or you encounter pumps and hydraulic systems through your work in another skilled trade, a basic knowledge of the practical features, principles, installation, and maintenance of such systems is essential. You'll find it all here, fully updated with real-world examples and 21st-century applications.
- Learn to install and service pumps for nearly any application
- Understand the fundamentals and operating principles of pump controls and hydraulics
- Service and maintain individual pumping devices that use smaller motors
- See how pumps are used in robotics, taking advantage of hydraulics to lift larger, heavier loads
- Handle new types of housings and work with the latest electronic controls
- Know the appropriate servicing schedule for different types of pumping equipment
- Install and troubleshoot special-service pumps
About the Author
Rex Miller was a Professor of Industrial Technology at The State University of New York, College at Buffalo for more than 35 years. He has taught at the technical school, high school, and college level for more than 40 years. He is the author or co-author of more than 100 textbooks ranging from electronics through carpentry and sheet metal work. He has contributed more than 50 magazine articles over the years to technical publications. He is also the author of seven civil war regimental histories.
Mark Richard Miller finished his BS in New York and moved on to Ball State University, where he earned a master’s degree, then went to work in San Antonio. He taught high school and finished his doctorate in College Station, Texas. He took a position at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, Texas, where he now teaches in the Industrial Technology Department as a Professor and Department Chairman. He has co-authored 11 books and contributed many articles to technical magazines. His hobbies include refinishing a 1970 Plymouth Super Bird and a 1971 Road-runner.
Harry L. Stewart was a professional engineer and is the author of numerous books for the trades covering pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, and fluid power.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Environmental
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Hydraulics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Self-Help
- Books > Textbooks