- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Auditorium Acoustics and Architectural Design Hardcover – Oct 30 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Reviews of the First Edition A monumental study which supersedes Beranek's 1962 classic... Barron's present book is a must for all architects faced with a major auditorium. The Architects' Journal
...wonderfully clear exposition and a fascinating study...an excellent textbook and an introduction to the subject of acoustics which all theatre technicans would find useful. The Stage
This book is undoubtedly destined to become a classic. It is the first book since L L Beranek's classic, Music, Acoustics and Architecture (1962) to deal with auditorium acoustics in the wider context of architecture...it can be read and enjoyed by acousticians and architects alike...it is beautifully written and produced and hence worth every penny Journal of Sound and Vibrations
About the Author
Michael Barron is a senior lecturer at the University of Bath Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering and partner of Fleming & Barron acoustic consultants. He has been involved over many years in acoustic consultancy and research, of which a key project was an Acoustic Survey of British Auditoria. In 2006 he received the Rayleigh medal, the premier award of the (British) Institute of Acoustics.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Drafting & Presentation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Special Topics > Acoustics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Science & Math > Technology
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture