This book contains a detailed explanation of AutoCAD 2009 commands and how to use them in solving drafting and design problems. Every AutoCAD command is thoroughly explained with examples and illustrations that make it easy to understand their function and application. At the end of each topic, there are examples that illustrate the function of the command and how it can be used in the drawing. After reading this textbook, you will be able to use AutoCAD commands to make a drawing, create annotative objects, make and insert symbols, dimension a drawing, create 3D objects and solid models, navigate through your drawing, switch between layouts and drawings, create and record viewpoints and actions, render and animate the designs, and write script files.
Some of the features of this text book are:
· Step-by-step instructions for creating annotative objects, making and inserting symbols, and dimensioning drawings promote efficient use of the software while strengthening your problem-solving skills.
· Usage of commands and shortcuts to increase efficiency of the users.
· Additional information is provided to the users in the form of Tips and Notes.
· Customizing and advanced techniques (such as system variables, creating templates, script files, slide shows, and animation) used to enhance productivity are thoroughly explained with examples and illustrations.
· Dual emphasis on conceptual learning and hands-on practice fosters a thorough understanding of the power of AutoCAD 2009 for engineers, architects, drafters, and designers.