Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. We've Got It Goin' On|
|2. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)|
|3. As Long As You Love Me|
|4. Everybody (Backstreet's Back)|
|5. All I Have To Give|
|6. Anywhere For You|
|7. Hey, Mr. DJ (Keep Playin' This Song)|
|8. I'll Never Break Your Heart|
|10. Get Down (You're The One For Me)|
|11. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss|
|12. If You Want To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy)|
Holland Version of the First Backstreet Boys Album. Three Exclusive Bonus Tracks.
The world may be divided into two camps when it comes to the Orlando-based Backstreet Boys--detractors and hard-core fans--but no one can deny the fact that the boys produce perfectly polished pop that sells. The hits on this album speak for themselves: "Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)," "As Long as You Love Me," and "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)." If you're not one of the disciples, however, you may want to steer clear: lackluster attempts at R&B, saccharine ballads, and a murderous remake of PM Dawn's "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss" make this a slick production but little more. --Rebecca Wallwork
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The Verdict:Why this sold so much is beyond me!
Recommended:I think you know my answer!
1. We've Got In Goin' On--They really do! Awesome song. Better than Backstreet's Back. 10/10
2. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)--Beautiful song. Not my favorite, but really awewsome! 10/10
3. As Long As You Love Me--Starts out really sweet, then develops a beat. I like it!!!!! 10/10
4. Everybody (Backstreet's Back)--Alright. Not nearly as good as No. 1, but still alright. 7/10
5. All I Have To Give--I'm CRAZY ABOUT THIS 1!!!! It rocks! 11/10
6. Anywhere For You--A song that is much like As Long As You Love Me, but this one is beautiful just as much!! 11/10
7. Hey Mr. DJ (Keep Playin' This Song)--Keep Playing This Song over and over and over...!!!! 11/10
8. I'll Never Break Your Heart--A bit 2 soft 4 me. 8/10
9. Darlin'--See above. 7/10
10. Get Down (You're The One For Me)--Nice beat, combines soft rock and rap mixed with pop. 10/10
11. Set Adrift On Memory Abliss--Sweet song! 10/10
12. If You Want It To Be Good Girl--See No. 4. 8/10
A good CD. Not as good as in later years, but still AWESOME!!! A must-buy.
Basically, if you are looking for a more Europop feel from the Backstreet Boys, and you enjoy finding hidden gems of music, then you have found the right cd. Even now, this cd could still incite me to listen to it, even though my musical tastes have changed.
This is the Boys' European debut cd, which was later reworked for their US debut, "Backstreet Boys" (w/a different cover)..
Some of the songs that make this cd worth buying are songs like "Nobody But You" "Roll with It" "Let's Have a Party" and my all time favorite BSB song "BOYS WILL BE BOYS"...this song is such a gem of a song, I would pay $... just for this song. It is very european dance discoteque, and not as pop as their normal songs...sort of like "Everybody (backstreet's back)" as far as it's change of pace into more dance music...
REVIEW OF SONGS:
1. We've Got It Goin' On-classic 10/10, most people have heard this one, and I will skip the reviews for the ones most known
2. Anywhere for You-9/10 slow song, sweet, the song is about going anywhere, doing anything for the one you love
3. Get Down (You're the One for Me)-10/10 classic
4. I'll Never Break Your Heart 10/10 classic
5. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) 10/10 classic
6. Boys Will Be Boys -10+ such a great BSB song, I would've loved it if they threw this on the US debut! GREAT!
7. Just to Be Close to You-slow song, Kevin has a fun spoken word entrance on this song! 9/10
8.Read more ›
The 2 songs I recommend you skip are "Darlin'" and "Set Adrift on a Memory Bliss". Not cuz they're bad, because..they're not. It's just, they're incredibly boring. Darlin' never fails to put me to sleep, and if my aunt wants to listen to Set Afrift on a Memory Bliss, I practically cry. They're drawwwwwwwn out and the lyrics are a repeat of "I'll Never Break Your Heart". The only good thing is "Darlin'" has a great talking solo at the beginning by Kevin. Sex-ay!
My favorite songs are "Get Down (You're the One For Me)", "If You Want It To be Good Girl (Get Yourself a Bad Boy)" although the title could be a chorus in itself, "All I Have To Give" and "Hey Mr. DJ (Keep Playing This Song For Me)". As you can see, the titles tend to be REALLY luck, which luckily stopped with this album. The only ballad listed above is "All I Have To Give" which is a really pretty song about a man neglecting his girlfriend and the boys saying that, when he makes her cry, they'll be there for her even though they don't have the fancy cars and jewls to give her. The others are fun, sometimes perverted, dance-club songs. "Get Down" is almost like Aaron's "Swing It Out" from when he was 9, except MUCH MUCH MUCH more toned up..More like Aaron's "Swing.." is a water-down version of "Get Down".
THe "okay" songs are the ones I didn't list as boring or excellent. THe two singles that hooked everyone-As Long AsYou Love Me and Quit Plain' Games are great, it's just they get boring after awhile from hearing them SO many times. Everybody...is pretty OK to but I only like it when it's accompanied with the amazing video. ALl in all, a good debut, but Mullennium and Black and Blue are much better.
Most recent customer reviews
I looked for this album everywhere in (for both used and new copies) and couldn't find it. Delivery was fast and the album is in mint condition.Published on Nov. 10 2009 by L. Phillips
Backstreet Boys have proved time and time again that they are the best boy band since New Kids on the Block. Quit Playing Games (with my heart) is the best song from this album. Read morePublished on Oct. 13 2006 by Jason Hutton
Cheesy love and dance songs that stay stuck in your head and that all sound the same, made up of annoying 5 part harmonies, synthesizers and drum machines.Published on June 23 2004
In 1993, when Kurt Cobain, Billy Corgan and Eddie Vedder were in the studio with their bands creating masterpieces ("In Utero," "Siamese Dream," and... Read morePublished on June 15 2004 by Lauren
i like this song and vodieo because the people were dress good and ceppe like the beat and good voice i would give them a 5000000000000 (... Read morePublished on May 14 2004
This is an amazing debut almbum and the lyrics and vocals are very well done and executed.Published on May 3 2004 by B. Viberg
WHO CAN FORGET THIS GROUP THAT CAME BY STORM IN THE '90s. THIS GROUP SHOWED THAT THEY CAN SING, DANCE AND PUT UP A GREAT SHOW, WHOEVER WENT TO THEIR CONCERT KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING... Read morePublished on April 29 2004 by HANK
What was so appealing about these guys? Its 5 guys singing s***ty love songs (that they did not write themselves by the way) overtop of synthesizers and processed beats (that they... Read morePublished on April 23 2004
Backstreet boys are a bunch of f aggots who sing about nothing but girls #$%^ing them over and all kinds of boring sh it save your moneyPublished on April 2 2004