The changer was indeed complicated to put together, but we did it. After placing it in the bedroom, I noticed that one of the middle support beams came out of the housing that attached it to the underside of the changing table. I don't know if other baby changers are included in my next point, but the actual platform that the baby lies on is made of particle board. One last point. This could be my fault as much as the maker, but one of the bottom cross-beams cracked (don't know if it was due to screwing too tight, or if it was that way already). I know now not to trust eight reviews. I'm heading to Home Depot tomorrow to figure out a way to reinforce the middle support beams.