- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Basic Gas Chromatography Hardcover – Jul 7 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"The book should appeal to readers with varying levels of education and emphasises a practical, applied approach to the subject. Basic Gas Chromatography, 2nd Edition remains the standard handbook for everyone from undergraduates studying analytical chemistry to working industrial chemists. It is particularly suited for intensive short courses." (Chemistry Journals, 11 April 2011)
From the Back Cover
Gas Chromatography (GC) is undoubtedly the most widely used technique for the separation and analysis of volatile compounds. Yet comprehensive guides to contemporary GC theory and practice are surprisingly hard to find.
Basic Gas Chromatography fills this significant void in the GC literature. Written by two well-known practitioners and educators in GC, it offers thorough coverage of the basic principles and techniques of modern gas chromatography.
Designed to serve as a primer/working reference for bench chemists and as a textbook for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students, it presents the fundamentals in a straightforward and logical fashion. Theoretical issues are explained without complicated equations and derivations and always in terms of how they relate to practical operating principles. Timely, comprehensive, and accessible, Basic Gas Chromatography:
* Provides a balanced presentation of theory and practice
* Includes both capillary column and packed column chromatography
* Uses the new IUPAC terms throughout, cross-referenced to traditional terms and symbols
* Offers a wealth of helpful hints, step-by-step guidelines, and trouble-shooting tips
* Briefly covers GC-MS, headspace analysis, chiral analysis, solid phase microextraction, and other cutting-edge topics. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.