|1. Shut Your Mouth|
|3. Can't Cry|
|4. Til The Day I Die|
|5. Cup Of Coffee|
|6. Silence Is Golden|
|7. Cherry Lips|
|8. Breaking Up The Girl|
|9. Drive You Home|
|11. Nobody Loves You|
|13. So Like A Rose|
I think this album is yet another incarnation of the indespensible versatility of this band. Each song is crafted in a way that hits home with me, whether emotionally or on a tonal level, in a way that few albums with popularity can hope to accomplish.
Some say they "went pop" but I just find this a clever way to leave their own imprint on pop...to twist it or perhaps pervert it, I could say, to their image. And that's a main reason I love it.
From the industrial faux-rap aimed at their hopeless deniers, right through to the very last, subtly spooky and mournful track, this album moves from place to place with the greatest of ease and grace.
They cover pop such as the delightful "Androgeny" and the snappy "Untouchable" and the irresistible "Cherry Lips (Go Baby, Go!), heavy metal/power pop with the painfully honest "Silence Is Golden" and "Parade", and heartbreakingly keen balladry such as the subtle songs "Cup Of Coffee" and "Drive You Home", the latter of which provoking my tears each time I listen to it.
Anyone who has misinterperated this album, really must give it a chance to unearth the true extent of its genius and cleverness.
One of the best albums of 2001. I can't wait to see Garbage's next incarnation.
1.Shut Your Mouth-This song is a great opener, it's a song that's a bit hard to describe but it's well worth listening to, just to hear this new side to Garbage.
2.Androgyny- This isn't as good as 'Shut Your Mouth' but it's a very good song. The beginning (the flute sounding instrument) was a very smart idea.
3. Can't Cry These Tears- This is a slower song, not exactly slow, but slower then the previous tracks. I personally don't really like this song, but I can manage a listen.
4. Til The Day I Die- This is like a techno song, something they might've played in a 70s disco if it had been around. I love when she goes "farewell.... farewell"
5. Cup Of Coffee-A very dark song about getting dumped. It's VERY slow, but very good and also very depressing. I know this is just me, but sometimes I'll cry.
6. Silence Is Golden- Not exactly a favorite, but in a sense it almost is a favorite? This song is a but weird, and Shirley sounds very pained.
7.Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go)- In the beginning of this song, Shirley's voice.... it sounds like a baby's. Never the less, this song is very good.
8. Breaking Up The Girl- Um, I don't really like this, and I think Parade was practically about the same topic and that song is better.
9. Drive You Home- This song is sad, it's almost empty. It's another Garbage song that you just can't describe.
10. Parade- This song is much better then Breaking Up The Girl. It's fast paced, and the chorus is very energetic as well.
11. Nobody Loves You- It reminds me of 'Sour Times (nobody Loves Me) by Portishead, and sounds a bit like it. This song has a very long intro that is quite haunting.
12.Read more ›
1)Shut Your Mouth- perfect album opener. Grabs your attention and is vintage Garbage.
2)Androgyny- gets better every time I hear it.
3)Can't Cry These Tears- initially I thought "What the hell?", but after several listens I ended up loving it anyway.
4)Til the Day I Die- just a good little song
5)Cup of Coffee- the first ballad. Actually very dark and disturbing, which only makes it better.
6)Silence is Golden- this song is perfect. I love the way it builds and goes off in a direction you wouldn't expect it to.
7)Cherry Lips- this song is so good, I didn't even realize it was about a drag queen until I read it in a review. A good example of their lyrical uniqueness.
8)Breaking Up the Girl- just a good Garbage song. Not much more to say.
9)Drive You Home- another exceptional ballad. Shirley has never sounded so vulnerable, and it works.
10)Parade- good song about nonconformity. I love the opening lyrics.
11)Nobody Loves You- not much to say except that it's another terrific song.
12)Untouchable- one of the poppiest songs on the album. It's also one of the best.
1. Shut your mouth 10/10 Great song, great rock, just shut your mouth!
2. Read more