Because I Tell a Joke or Two: Comedy, Politics and Social Difference Hardcover – Mar 19 1998
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'This is a refreshingly intelligent and engaging book, offering a wide range of critical, sociological and theoretical approaches to recent trends in television comedy. Wragg's collection is at once very contemporary in its feel and aware of current comedy's cultural heritage; so Seinfeld, is considered alongside I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H and Cheers.' - Sight&Sound
About the Author
Stephen Wagg is Senior Lecturer at Roehampton Institute, London. His previous books include Come on Down? and The Social Faces of Humour. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
This chapter looks historically at the life of the different social classes in British society, as represented in television situation comedy. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Comedy
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture > Art
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture