This book teaches you how to build custom ASP.NET Web sites from the ground up. An expert team of authors uses their extensive ASP.NET programming experience to give you hands-on instruction in the best way to create Web sites with ASP.NET. This completely updated edition features new examples, and all code is written and tested for ASP.NET version 1.1.
What does this book cover?
Here's what you will learn in this book:
- How to install and configure ASP.NET
- Basic programming principles for Visual Basic. NET, such as variables, controls structures, and procedural programming
- Techniques for applying these principles as you develop ASP.NET pages
- The minimum amount of object-oriented programming necessary to work successfully and efficiently with ASP.NET
- Key differences between ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1, how to use the examples in this book with either version, and how to move from 1.0 to 1.1
- Build ASP.NET sites faster using Microsoft's new, free WebMatrix tool
- Techniques for extending your ASP.NET sites to incorporate related tools and technologies, such as using ADO.NET for data source access
- Web Services for inter-Web site communication, and Server Controls for facilitating code maintenance and reuse
- How you can make your ASP.NET site production-ready through proper debugging, optimization, and security
Who is this book for?
This book is for beginners who have no previous experience of ASP, VB, XML, object-oriented programming, or the .NET framework. A little knowledge of HTML is useful, but not essential. All the concepts you need to create dynamic ASP.NET Web sites are presented and explained in full.