"...right up there with the best...a well written, comprehensive and useful beginners guide to ASP.NET 2.0...." (www.devcity.net, July 2006)
From the Back Cover
Beginning ASP.NET 2.0
ASP.NET 2.0 is an amazing technology that allows you to develop web sites and applications with very little hassle, and its power and depth enable it to host even the most complex applications available. This invaluable beginners' guide shows you how to program web applications in ASP.NET 2.0 and see dynamic results with minimal effort.
Using working examples and detailed explanations, this popular author team eases you into the world of ASP.NET development and gradually introduces you to all sorts of interesting ASP.NET tricks and tools. You'll quickly see how ASP.NET 2.0 is designed to ensure a significant reduction in the amount of code you have to writeand, in turn, make your life easier.
What you will learn from this book
- Why Visual Web Developer is an ideal environment for building feature-rich ASP.NET 2.0 applications
- How to secure web sites, providing login functionality and role-based access to content
- Useful techniques for safely updating data, using ASP.NET 2.0's built-in data handling capabilities
- How centralized site design can be easily achieved
- How to add e-commerce functionality to a site
- Methods for enhancing an application's performance
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone new to web programming who is looking to program dynamic, feature-rich web applications in ASP.NET 2.0. It will also be ideal for programmers looking to upgrade their ASP 3 knowledge to ASP.NET, or programmers from non-Microsoft web disciplines who need to learn ASP.NET 2.0.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.