Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design Paperback – Dec 24 2004
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“…perfect for people who are starting to use CSS…” (oraclehome.co.uk, October 2005)
From the Back Cover
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a standard for Web site presentation that allows Web developers to define styles for all the visual aspects of a Web document. This example-packed book provides you with necessary information that will enable you to combine CSS with HTML, XHTML, or XML to create rich, aesthetically powerful designs.
You'll start by reviewing the background of CSS, followed by a discussion of the tools required to create and test Web pages, a look at the basic syntax used in CSS, and an examination of how CSS comes together with markup to create a Web page. Then you'll examine how CSS controls different aspects of markup in a Web document. Along the way, you'll end each chapter with exercises and sample solutions that will help you grasp the CSS level 1, 2, 2.1, and 3 specifications.
What you will learn from this book
- How to choose the right document for a project
- Why the Document Type Declaration (DTD) is important to the CSS designer
- Ways to manipulate the presentation of fonts
- Ways to manipulate text and fonts
- The four different types of positioning: static, relative, absolute, and fixed
- Various ways of styling for tables, XML, print, and handheld devices
- Techniques to make a CSS design compatible with Internet Explorer
Who this book is for This book is for beginning Web developers and designers who want to use CSS for better, faster design and markup. Basic familiarity with HTML is helpful, but not required.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Cascading Style Sheets, fondly referred to as CSS, is a simple design language intended to simplify the process of making web pages presentable. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > CSS
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Services
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems