This book focuses on the nontechnical user who is responsible for building, maintaining, and managing Drupal web sites. The book covers why you should consider using Drupal when building a new web site, what Drupal is, installing and configuring Drupal, creating and managing content, managing users, adding functionality to your web site through Drupal modules, and more advanced topics on using themes, panels, and views. By reading this book, you will:
- Understand why you should use Drupal and the power of the platform.
- Quickly build confidence in your ability to use Drupal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to build, deploy, and manage web sites of moderate complexity on Drupal 7.
What you’ll learn
- What Drupal is and why you should use it
- How to install a basic Drupal web site from scratch
- How to create content in your new Drupal web site
- How to manage users on your new Drupal web site
- How to change the look and feel of your new Drupal web site through themes
- How to install and configure modules
Who this book is for
This book is for nontechnical users who need to use Drupal to manage content, as well as PHP developers who are new to Drupal.