From the Back Cover
You now have the power to create dynamic Web sites that are fueled by your imagination. Microsoft Expression Web
gives you the tools to develop sophisticated sites that integrate standardized CSS layout with ASP.NET 2.0, XML, and SQL Server 2005. Written by an experienced ASP.NET and Dreamweaver Web developer, this book shows you how to take advantage of all of Expression Web's innovative features to create a memorable online experience.
Zak Ruvalcaba provides you with expert tips and techniques on Web page structuring, page formatting using style sheets, utilizing HTML forms, and working with XML data. As you progress through each chapter, you'll discover how to apply this information in order to design and develop new Web applications. Task-oriented examples are also integrated throughout the pages book that you can leverage as you build your own cutting-edge, standards-based Web site.
What you will learn from this book
- Strategies for getting the most out of images, media, and hyperlinks
- Methods for using layers and CSS to create advanced page structuring
- How to attract visitors by adding interactivity with behaviors and Web components
- Ways to incorporate HTML forms and form controls
- How to access and display database data
- Techniques for inserting, editing, and deleting database data
- Tips for working with forms authentication and securing your Web applications
Who this book is for
This book is for beginning- to intermediate-level Web developers who want to create professional, standards-compliant Web sites and applications quickly.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
About the Author