In Beginning Google Web Toolkit: From Novice to Professional, you’ll learn to build rich, user–friendly web applications using a popular Java–based Ajax web framework, the Google Web Toolkit. The authors will guide you through the complete development of a GWT front end application with a no–nonsense, down–to–earth approach.
You’ll start with the first steps of working with GWT and learn to understand the concepts and consequences of building this kind of application. During the course of the book, all the key aspects of GWT are tackled pragmatically, as you’re using them to build a real–world sample application. Unlike many other books, the inner workings of GWT and other unnecessary details are shelved, so you can focus on the stuff that really matters when developing GWT applications.
What you’ll learn
- Get a solid foundation to develop RIAs.
- Understand the basics of the GWT Framework and its components.
- Fit GWT into your application’s life cycle and development process.
- Develop rich web front–end GUIs using widgets, composite widgets, panels, and much more.
- Integrate with RPC, and various other data formats.
- Reinforce principles learned throughout the book by working through a real–world sample application created with GWT from scratch.
Who is this book for?
About the Apress Beginning Series
The Beginning series from Apress is the right choice to get the information you need to land that crucial entry–level job. These books will teach you a standard and important technology from the ground up because they are explicitly designed to take you from “novice to professional.” You’ll start your journey by seeing what you need to know—but without needless theory and filler. You’ll build your skill set by learning how to put together real–world projects step by step. So whether your goal is your next career challenge or a new learning opportunity, the Beginning series from Apress will take you there—it is your trusted guide through unfamiliar territory!