- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Beginning Oracle Application Express Paperback – Dec 22 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Beginning Oracle® Application Express
Even if you have limited programming experience, this hands-on guide will get you up and running quickly with Oracle Application Express (APEX). It covers the concepts and practical steps involved in building a web application from the ground up using Oracle APEX. You'll discover how to progress through the complete development process with the help of detailed instructions on creating, customizing, and extending an Oracle database application.
Highly respected Oracle expert Rick Greenwald begins by giving you the necessary tools to build a useable order entry system. He then explains how to enhance the system with reports, charts, themes, and templates. You'll also find out how to use packaged applications and work with multiple applications and you'll learn how to migrate and integrate data with the Oracle environment.
By the end of this book, you'll have a strong understanding of Oracle APEX and the world of Oracle technology, which will enable you to build your own applications and create further refinements that meet your reporting needs.
What you will learn from this book
Steps to ensure that users enter correct data while using your applications
The powerful and flexible reports you can create with Oracle APEX
Advanced options for customizing user interfaces
lTechniques for using the power of PL/SQL to extend the logic in your application
Ways to implement security for your APEX environment
The options for deploying an APEX application to another environment
How to migrate applications from Microsoft® Access® to Oracle Application Express
Who this book is for
This book is for Access developers looking to step up to a more scalable and reliable environment, with reduced maintenance overhead and greater integration between application systems.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Beginning Oracle Application Express (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
The steps involved for each task do not match the APEX ide.
Frankly, I've never heard of Apex before this class, and I fail to see the need for it. There are many more robust ways to create database apps for Oracle.
I'll check to see if the book has any updated text on the publisher's website.
I gave it a 3 star rating because it does seem like a decent book if the screen shots etc matched up with the actual IDE.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Beginning & Introductory
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Oracle
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Relational Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages