“…covers everything to get you going…definitely worth a look…” (OracleHome
, 3 August 2005)
From the Back Cover
PHP, Apache, and MySQL are the three key open source technologiesthat form the basis for most active Web servers. This new editionguides you through the entire process of setting up your own siteand walks you through every step, from the installation of PHP,Apache, and MySQL to database management, security, and integrationwith other technologies.
Featuring new information on the features and functions of thelatest upgrades—MySQL 4.0.X, PHP5, and Apache 2.0—thisbook boasts a working Web site application and numerous updatesthroughout the text. The multi-platform approach addressesinstallation and usage on both Linux® andWindows®, and two common-themed, reusable Web sitesare examined. Upon completion of this book, you'll be able tocreate well designed, dynamic Web sites using open sourcetools.
What you will learn from this book
- Syntax, functions, and commands of PHP, Apache, and MySQL andhow they can be used together in Web development
- The ins and outs of data manipulation
- The object-oriented programming advantages of PHP5
- Ways of using PHP for connecting HTML-based Web pages to abackend database for dynamic content
- How MySQL easily stores, updates, and accesses information
Who this book is for
This book is for beginners who are new to PHP and who need tolearn quickly how to create Web sites using open source tools. Somebasic HTML knowledge is helpful but not essential.