Beginning C++ Through Game Programming, Second Edition Paperback – Dec 7 2006
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Michael Dawson has worked as both a programmer and a computer game designer and producer. In addition to real-world game industry experience, Dawson earned his bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Southern California. He currently teaches game programming and design to students of all ages through UCLA Extension courses and private lessons. Visit his Web site at www.programgames.com to learn more or to get support for any of his books.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Although the author claims to have written this book from a game programmer's perspective, and you do get to work through a few primitive games, you couldn't find work writing games for mobile phones after working through it. There is just so much more to game programming than what's covered here. So, the author leaves readers asking the all-important question: Where do we go from here?
BTW, for your sake, I hope this is just a strange coincidence, but my laptop suffered a hardware crash a day after I installed the software that came with the book. I then installed it on my desktop, which suffered its own crash a couple of days later, forcing me to reinstall the OS.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > C > Tutorials
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Game Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games > Video Games & Strategy Guides
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet