Beginning Ubuntu LTS Server Administration, Second Edition is the touchstone companion book for anyone implementing Ubuntu LTS Server. Author Sander van Vugt introduces the most recent server edition of Ubuntu Linux, the most popular Linux distribution, to power users, system administrators, and programmers and demonstrates the power and flexibility that the Hardy–Heron Ubuntu Server Long Term Support Edition offers for small networks and corporate systems alike.
This book covers:
- Installing and configuring Ubuntu to ensure secure installations
- Virtual Ubuntu
- Full network and web services management
What you’ll learn
- Administer, install, and configure the 5–year Hardy–Heron Ubuntu Server Long Term Support Edition of the most popular Linux distribution in the world
- Use the new installation and GUI tools
- Familiarize yourself, whether you are a power user or system administrator
- Build a network infrastructure with Ubuntu Server
- Harden Ubuntu to withstand new security threats
- Use virtual services
Who is this book for
This book will suit Linux system administrators of all levels. It also lets power users who want to familiarize themselves with network and web services relevant to their work acquire up–to–date specialized Ubuntu skills.
About the Apress Beginning Series
The Beginning series from Apress is the right choice to get the information you need to land that crucial entry–level job. These books will teach you a standard and important technology from the ground up because they are explicitly designed to take you from “novice to professional.” You’ll start your journey by seeing what you need to know—but without needless theory and filler. You’ll build your skill set by learning how to put together real–world projects step by step. So whether your goal is your next career challenge or a new learning opportunity, the Beginning series from Apress will take you there—it is your trusted guide through unfamiliar territory!