From the Back Cover
One of the most popular programming languages today, Visual Basic®.NET is designed to be the easiest and most productive tool for creating .NET applications. This book will show you how to harness the power of VB.NET in order to write your own practical database programs that can be used throughout the enterprise.
With the help of examples and instructions, you'll discover how to dramatically improve the performance and scalability of your existing databases. You'll also learn how to efficiently access and manipulate data from their applications. And you'll find out how to utilize queries, views, store procedures, and much more.
What you will learn from this book
- To work effectively with DataSets, DataTables, DataColumns, and DataViews
- Successful ways to use the VS.NET Data Wizards with Access, SQL Server, and Oracle
- How to use ADO.Net to access and manipulate data in relational databases
- Ways to build business logic and data access components
- How to effectively write database applications using SQL Server and Oracle
- Techniques for creating and consuming Web Services from Windows and Web applications
- How to select and update data, use joins, validate input, and much more
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who want to bring their current databases and applications up to speed with the newest .NET framework. Some experience developing Windows and ASP.Net applications with Visual Basic.Net is helpful, but not essential.
About the Author