Learn to use exciting new development tools and create applications for Windows 8
If you're a beginning developer, there's no better place to get up to speed on the Windows 8 SDK than this Wrox guide. A team of Microsoft experts provides a complete course in Windows 8 programming, helping you take full advantage of the innovative new SDK. Written in an easy-to-read style, this book is packed with reusable examples that showcase the endless possibilities of the Windows SDK and also introduces the new Windows 8 app store.
It explains how to set up the development environment and covers user interface design, using special effects and graphics, working with C# and C++, and much more.
- Provides a complete introduction to the Windows SDK and Windows 8, starting with setting up the development environment and building your first application
- Covers user interface design, touch- and event-driven design elements, leveraging windows-based services, and offline application development with HTML 5
- Explores creating C# applications for the Windows 8 system, XNA 4 and Silverlight 5 considerations, and the role of C++
- Shows how to debug, certify and deploy your applications
- Introduces the new Windows 8 app store and offers advice on marketing your apps
Beginning Windows 8 Application Development is perfect for anyone who's ready to get started developing apps for the exciting new Windows 8 OS.