While I agree with some of the complaints in the other ratings (Rania's space cadet expression, elevator-style music, not true bellydance instruction), I still LOVE this DVD - so much so that I just bought the other three workouts. What's great about it...
* No props or equipment needed, not even shoes
* A 25-minute cardio workout (with warm-up and stretching) that actually gets you sweating
* The women who accompany Rania represent a a nice range of ages and body types - it's good to see women bellydancing without perfectly flat abs or stick-like thighs
* No need to be coordinated. Rania starts slowly and repeats the movements until they build into a "dance" routine.
* Excellent voice-over. She may be a space cadet, but she has a clear, calm speaking voice and doesn't sound like a wind-up doll. She also counts and speaks just enough to get you going - she doesn't blab throughout the workout.
* Bonus 10-minute ab workout is extremely challenging (not necessarily for beginners or people with lower back troubles), but seeing Rania's rock-hard abs is inspiration enough for me.
I've purchased and tried so many exercise videos, and this is the first that I really enjoy and look forward to doing. It's great to find something that feels effective, but doesn't punish my body as so many workouts do. I think that's the trick to actually working out, i.e., having so much fun that you WANT to do it. Best of all, and this may sound corny, but I feel feminine bellydancing, even though I do it in a gawky, goofy-looking way. All of these positives outweigh the negatives of this DVD for me.