- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2012 Paperback – Oct 2 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dan Ariely, author of The Upside of Irrationality and Predictably Irrational , is the James B. Duke Professor of Psychology and Behavioral Economics at Duke University. TIM FOLGER is a contributing editor at Discover and writes about science for several magazines.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As can be expected each of the articles is very well written and completely engaging. They come from sources like the National Geographic, Science, Nature, and Wired. Most of the authors are journalists, although there are a couple of authors who are professional scientists.
The emphasis of the articles is on the social sciences-- there's nothing at all on recent physics discoveries. If you have an interest in the social sciences, and enjoy Dan Ariely's work then you'll find this selection to your pleasing. There's enough variability in the articles that you'll probably learn something new too-- I know I've certainly been learning a lot.
In sum, I'd say that it's an inspiring collection of articles. The editor did a great job, and I will continue to read the series in the future.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Collections & Readers
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Essays & Commentary
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Essays
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Nature Writing
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology