Best Hikes Near Cincinnati Paperback – Apr 17 2012
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Take a Hike!Who says you have to travel far from home to go on a great hike? Here are forty of the best hikes, nearly all of them within an hour's drive of Cincinnati, Ohio―including quiet woods and lakeside trails. Whether you're in the mood for an easy nature walk, a day-long hike, or an overnighter, this guide offers plenty to choose from:• Glenwood Gardens• Hueston Woods State Park• Caesar Creek Gorge State Nature Preserve• Whitewater Memorial State Park Each hike features full-color photos; a brief route description; thorough directions to the trailhead (GPS coordinates included); a detailed, full-color trail map; and at-a-glance information on distance and difficulty level, hiking time, canine compatibility, and fees and permits. Inside you'll also find a Trail Finder that categorizes each hike (e.g., for attractions such as suitable for dogs and children, great views, and waterfalls); Green Tips; and information about local lore, points of interest, and the area's array of wildlife.
About the Author
Johnny Molloy is an outdoor writer based in Tennessee. He has averaged over one hundred nights in the wild per year since the early 1980s. The result of his efforts are numerous books, including hiking guides to Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee as well as tent camping guides to Colorado, Wisconsin, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia, and the Smokies.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Walking
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Walking
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure > Hiking
- Books > Travel > United States > Regions > Midwest
- Books > Travel > United States > States > Ohio