- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Best Laid Schemes: The Psychology of the Emotions Paperback – Feb 28 1992
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...an extraordinarily learned and well-argued account of the ways in which emotions function within our cognitive systems....Oatley's erudite and integrative presentation of his theory of emotions should be a part of every library's psychology collection." Choice
"...an exceptional work which does more than justice to the cognitive science approach to the emotions." Martin Conway, The Times Higher Education Supplement
"...has many of the characteristics of good literature as well as good science." James R. Averill, Cognition and Emotion
Serving a crucial function when the unexpected occurs and when priorities must be set, emotions are shown to be central to the understanding of human action and mental life in a survey that draws upon research in cognitive science as well as other fields.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Emotions
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Personality
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Social Psychology & Interactions
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology