- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Best New Media, K-12: A Guide to Movies, Subscription Web Sites, and Educational Software and Games Hardcover – Aug 30 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"…the book is a convenient compilation of resources that are otherwise hard to identify, making it a desirable purchase, particularly for libraries that are just starting to build game collections." - School Library Journal
"Bottom line: This is a recommended bibliography." - Teacher Librarian
"… it is highly recommended for school and public libraries, and academic libraries that support teacher or librarian preparation programs." - ARBA
"This book has been designed to assist librarians and media specialists with the four tasks of evaluating existing collections, building new collections or enhancing existing collections, providing guidance to young patrons, and preparing bibliographies and events. Additionally, due to the ways in which this book has been organized, it will surely serve as a wonderful addition to the bookshelves of those teachers specifically interested in incorporating the latest media into their daily teaching. . . . This book should be a welcome addition to the shelves of librarians, practicing teachers, and teacher candidates." - Collection Management
About the Author
CATHERINE BARR is editor of the Libraries Unlimited Children's and Young Adult Literature Reference series and author/coauthor of numerous guides to children's and young adult literature, including Best Books for Children, Popular Series Fiction, High-Low Handbook, and From Biography to History.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Children's Literature Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Internet & Education
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Education & Reference > Catalogues & Directories > Catalogues
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Distance & Online Learning
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Library & Information Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Library & Information Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature