Delicious and satisfying Paleo diet friendly slow cooker recipes that everyone can enjoy.
Enjoy old standards and new classics with this very topical collection of slow cooker recipes. They've been refined to meet the needs of people who subscribe to the Paleo or Primal lifestyle. The Paleo diet is currently one of the most popular diets being followed today and has been embraced by nearly 1.5 million people in North America. The recipes don't contain any grains or legumes (therefore making all of them gluten-free), no refined sugars, no refined oils or processed ingredients -- the basic principles of the diet.
Slow cookers are hugely popular because they're so convenient and the results so delicious -- all the recipes in this book pay very close attention to Paleo guidelines while also recognizing that there's a wide variety of reasons that people choose to eat Paleo that go beyond weight loss. So there's room to be flexible depending on your personal requirements and expectations of the diet.
It's all here: from great family food to more sophisticated recipes for entertaining, not to mention luscious desserts:
- Starters and Snacks: Eggplant Caviar, Country Terrine, Swedish Meatballs, Braised Tomato Topping
- Soups: Shrimp Bisque, Double Tomato Soup with Arugula-Walnut Pesto
- Poultry: Chicken Provencal, Texas-Style Chicken Stew, Tomato-Braised Turkey Breast
- Fish and Seafood: Braised Swordfish, Caribbean Pepper Pot, Florida Fish Chowder
- Beef and Veal: Short Ribs in Rich Mushroom Gravy, Meatball Goulash, Mom's Sunday Pot Roast
- Pork and Lamb: Ancho-Embraced Pork with Tomatillos, Pork Columbo, Irish Stew
- Meatless Mains: Louisiana Ratatouille, Cumin Beets, Braised Red Cabbage, Onion-Braised Potatoes with Spinach
- Desserts: The Ultimate Baked Apples, Peruvian Cream.
Now even people who follow the Paleo lifestyle can enjoy easy delectable meals that reflect an outstanding variety of fresh flavors, cuisines and textures.