Best Seat in the House: Drumming in the '70s with Marriott, Frampton, and Humble Pie Paperback – Oct 1 2011
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Author: Jerry Shirley (London) was Humble Pie's drummer throughout the group's entire career. From 1969 to 1975, the band had 3 gold records and played hundreds of tour dates. From 1986 to 1999 Shirley fronted a reformed Humble Pie in the US and also worked as a radio DJ in Cleveland, Ohio. Jerry stills plays out and currently performs with the Deborah Bonham Band.Editor: Jon Cohan (Boston) is a drummer, studio drum tech (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dropkick Murphys, Fall Out Boy), author (Zildjian: A History Of The Legendary Cymbal Makers, Star Sets, A Drummer's Almanac), magazine writer (DRUM!, Traps, Rhythm), drum consultant, and recovering drum maker. He writes a daily blog called All Things Loud.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I've always lamented the lack of any full concert footage of the band in their heyday, and in the book we learn that a film crew was scheduled to document them in Japan during the "Eat It" tour, but never showed up! The band and management were so deep into drugs at the time that their reaction was "oh well" and a shrug of the shoulders.
Understandably, a good deal of the book deals with the joy and frustration of dealing with the complex personality of Steve Marriott, although I would have liked to read a bit more about Greg and Clem. I deduct a star from the rating because the photos, while interesting, are barely the size of a postage stamp!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Biographies
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Percussion
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Popular
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Rock
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Reference
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Songwriting