Beyond the Blues: A Workbook to Help Teens Overcome Depression Paperback – Apr 15 2008
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Lisa M. Schab, LCSW, is a licensed clinical social worker with a private counseling practice in the greater Chicago, IL, area. She has authored fifteen self-help books and workbooks for children, teens, and adults, including The Anxiety Workbook for Teens, The Self-Esteem Workbook for Teens and Beyond the Blues . Schab teaches self-help workshops for the general public and conducts training seminars for professionals, and is a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). You can find out more about Schab at www.lisamschabooks.com.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox. The book addresses the problem of depression in a workbook format. This really works because it gives the reader more than one option to treat their depression. For instance, there is a "higher power" exercise that might work better for more religious oriented teens, while others may find that the exercise activity suits their personality and likes more (recommend "Exercise Beats Depression" for further reading on that). With some FORTY activities, well, there's going to be something here for everyone.
In conclusion, its a great book, written in plain language with a lot of diverse activities- and a great resource for anyone suffering from depression.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health > Special Needs Children
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Teen Health > Depression
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Teen Health > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Development
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Special Needs
- Books > Self-Help
- Books > Teens > Health, Mind & Body > Depression
- Books > Teens > Social Issues