From the Publisher
Known internationally as ``The Father of Candlesticks,'' Nison reveals more Japanese charting methods which have never been published or used in the Western world. Describes kagi, renko and three-line break charts. Provides a brief review of candlesticks and previously unavailable candlestick patterns that can be used in equities, fixed-income, foreign exchange and overseas markets.
From the Inside Flap
Beyond Candlesticks New and powerful Japanese charting secrets revealed for todays traders and investors In 1990, Steve Nison introduced traders in the West to a powerful analytical tool that had long given Japanese Investors a competitive edge. Now, with this groundbreaking new book, the "Father of Candlesticks" further revolutionizes technical analysis with an entire collection of stunningly effective Japanese techniques. In Beyond Candlesticks, Steve Nison unveils the mysteries of four more of Japans most closely guarded financial secretsKagi, Renko, Three-Line Break charts, and the disparity indexincredibly versatile techniques for forecasting and tracking market prices and buying and selling periods. Completely self-contained and requiring no prior experience with Japanese charting techniques, Beyond Candlesticks:
- Introduces Kagl, Renko, and Three-Line Break chartspowerful non-time series charting techniques never before seen In the West
- Explores the exotic twists and turns of the disparity indexa Japanese secret more exact and timely than its Western cousin, moving averages
- Takes you step-by-step through each charting technique with the help of nearly 200 illustrations, dozens of detailed real-world examples, and clear-cut guidelines on how to use them In your day-to-day trading and Investing
- Demonstrates how these techniques can be used on equities, futures, fixed-in-come, foreign exchange, and overseas markets
- Explains how they can be merged with candlesticks and traditional Western techniques to create powerful new hybrids
But thats not all. In addition to Instructing readers in these exciting new charting techniques, Nison also takes us deeper inside the mysteries of candlesticks than ever before. Expanding his coverage beyond the futures markets that were the focus of his 1991 classic, Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Nison describes candlestick patterns that can be applied to stocks, bonds, and foreign exchange. He also demonstrates new ways in which candlesticks alone or in conjunction with traditional Western techniques, can be adapted to virtually any trading, investing, or hedging strategy. Affording Western readers an unprecedented opportunity to acquaint themselves with these powerful, centuries-old techniques, Beyond Candlesticks is a resource that no trader, broker, analyst, or Investor can afford to be without.