“…full of pragmatic advice on achieving and sustaining compliance” (Supply Management
From the Inside Flap
Now that most accelerated filers have undergone the greatestinitial challenge of the Sarbanes-Oxley ActSection 404compliancewhat's next? What do you need to know to ensureongoing monitoring and maintenance of strong systems of internalcontrols? How can you leverage the knowledge gained throughregulatory compliance activities to positively impact the bottomline? What steps do you need to take to assume a proactive,forward-looking role of identifying and mitigating threats beyondbasic regulatory compliance?
Written by Anne Marchetti, a practice leader for Sarbanes-Oxley,Beyond Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance guides accounting and financemanagers through both the necessary requirements and value-addedactivities in enterprise risk management in the post-Sarbanesenvironment. This practical book includes a host of invaluabletools, including ongoing compliance checklists, key internal andexternal timelines, quarterly close checklists that incorporate SOX302/404/409 compliance and financial reporting activities, andtables that summarize technology options and alternativeapproaches. Broken down into three accessible sectionsInitialCompliance, Ongoing Maintenance and Monitoring, and BeyondCompliancecoverage includes:
- An overview of the Act provisions for Sections 302, 404, and409 and suggested action steps necessary to comply with therequirements
- A section that defines and contrasts the terms reportableconditions, material weaknesses, and significant deficiencies andprovides practical examples of each
- The responsibilities of the financial manager, after initialcompliance with the Act, including quarterly compliance processes,interfacing with both internal audit and registered publicauditors, control testing, software considerations, and SAS 70letters that provide the financial manager with practicalapplications
- The opportunity to move Sarbanes-Oxley compliance from aroutine checklist, and one-time internal controls improvementprocess, to a defining cultural-change initiative
- How the financial services industry may be affected by theever-expanding, local and global regulatory, compliance, andreporting requirements
- The implications for future European Unionlistedcompanies with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)in 2005 and the differences that exist between IFRS and U.S.GAAP
Essential reading for controllers, finance managers, CFOs,compliance officers, and project managers in charge ofSarbanes-Oxley compliance, Beyond Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance iswritten for any financial manager who has a firm grasp on thepresent and a keen eye on the future.