A Bibliographic Guide to the History of Computing, Computers, and the Information Processing Industry Hardcover – May 21 1990
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
?A much expanded version of Cortada's Annotated Bibliography on the History of Data Processing. Almost anything that fits the subject can be found here: books and chapters in books, articles from research journals along with pieces from popular magazines. Two features make this work commendable, especially for the nonexpert: the introductory pages for the various sections, which do a good job of explaining the scope of each part; and the annotations--most are informative even when short. Cortada's book is recommended for large undergraduate or graduate libraries.?-Choice
About the Author
JAMES W. CORTADA is a Marketing Manager at IBM Corporation. He is the author of several books on the history of management of information processing, including a three-volume Historical Dictionary of Data Processing (Greenwood Press) and Archives of Data Processing History (Greenwood Press, 1990).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Chapter One contains reference materials, such as bibliographies, surveys of archives, and dictionaries, along with general surveys, major periodicals, and other titles related to the general theme of information processing. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History > Company Profiles
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic History
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > History
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Bibliographies & Indexes > Business
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Bibliographies & Indexes > History
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Bibliographies & Indexes > Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic History