From the Back Cover
The complete guide for diagnosing and solving PC drive and memory problems
If you're in need of answers when a malfunction occurs in your PC's storage system, then look no further than Bigelow’s Drive and Memory Troubleshooting Pocket Reference. Inside this handy reference you’ll find information about the newest memory technologies along with standard techniques for selecting, installing, optimizing, and troubleshooting that can be used on all PC computer systems.
Written by best-selling author and computer professional, Stephen Bigelow, the book is filled with the straightforward, reliable advice you’ve come to expect to quickly solve PC problems. It provides all the know-how needed to:
- Understand, select, install, and troubleshoot PC memory
- Install hard drives of any size into almost any system without losing data
- Maintain peak hard drive performance
- Optimize your CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW drive performance
- Master DVD-ROM drive installation and troubleshooting
- Keep your tape drives running reliably
- Overcome PC card conflicts and problems
Packed with step-by-step troubleshooting procedures, this is the most accessible one-stop guide available for PC techs, end users, and enthusiasts alike!
About the Author
Stephen J. Bigelow (Jefferson, MA) is a recognized and trusted figure in the crowded field of computer guidance. Online and in print, this expert author has earned a reputation for straightforward, reliable advice.