- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Biofuel Cropping Systems: Carbon, Land and Food Hardcover – Mar 19 2014
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'The book Biofuel Cropping Systems is a much welcome contribution to the growing list of publications about biofuels. What places this book apart from many other publications is the special attention to feedstock production systems, where solid on-the-ground knowledge is combined with a forward-looking view on how challenges can be met and good performing biofuel cropping systems be developed for the future. I warmly recommend this book as a vital source of information for students as well as for researchers, biofuel producers and policy makers.' - Göran Berndes, PhD, Associate Professor, Physical Resource Theory, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
About the Author
Hans Langeveld holds an MSc in tropical agronomy. After a career of 20 years of research in public institutions, he founded a private company for research on sustainable biomass (Biomass Research) in 2008. His major focus is on sustainable biomass production and its utilisation in biofuels and materials.
John Dixon is Principal Adviser, Research Programmes at the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) in Canberra, Australia.
Herman van Keulen was trained as a soil scientist and production ecologist at Wageningen University. During his career, he wrote many crop growth models. Herman developed innovative concepts in soil water modelling and sustainability research and has been an expert on crop growth, animal production systems and sustainable land use for over four decades. During his career, Herman was recognized internationally as a giant in his field. His knowledge of crop production around the world was encyclopaedic and his readiness to share his wisdom was a constant support for many around him.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Energy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Crop Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Sustainable Agriculture
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Crop Science
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Sustainable Agriculture
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Wildlife
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Wildlife
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Renewable Energy
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Agriculture