Birmingham, 1963 Hardcover – Sep 1 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Carole Boston Weatherford is an award-winning poet and author of over two dozen books for children, including Moses: When Harriet Tubman Led Her People to Freedom and Freedom on the Menu: The Greensboro Sit-ins. She has won the Carter G. Woodson Award from the National Council for the Social Studies and the Juvenile Literature Award from the American Association of University Women-North Carolina.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
THe photos in Birmingham, 1963 help today's students get a sense of the times. THe four photos of the girls at the end accompanied by short poems about each helps today's children see how these girls were real children who played with their friends, participated in band and scouts and church and dreamed of their future.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Mulitcultural
- Books > Children's Books > Early Learning > Poetry
- Books > Children's Books > Education & Reference > Government
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Cultural Studies
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Prejudice & Racism
- Books > Children's Books > History > United States > 1900s
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry