- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Blu-ray Disc Demystified Paperback – Dec 1 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jim Taylor has been hip deep in DVD since 1995. Called a "minor tech legend" by E! Online, Jim created the official Internet DVD FAQ, writes articles and columns about DVD, serves as President of the DVD Association, was named one of the 21 most influential DVD executives by DVD Report, and received the 2000 DVD Pro Discus Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Industry. Jim has worked with interactive media for over 20 years, developing educational software, laserdiscs, CD-ROMs, Web sites, and DVDs; and teaching workshops and courses on multimedia, computer-based education, computer applications, and DVD. Formerly VP of Information Technology at Videodiscovery, an educational multimedia publishing company, Jim championed the format as Microsoft’s DVD Evangelist before joining as Chief Technology Officer. Jim Taylor is based in Seattle, Washington.
Charles G. Crawford (Washington, DC) is the Co-founder of Television Production Services (TPS) and Heritage Series, LLC, production companies specializing in interactive disc production and development. He authored the original operating manuals for Matsushita/Panasonic’s award-winning DVD authoring system, and has won three Emmy awards for his technical and directorial expertise.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I was pleasantly surprised to see that besides the technical info (codecs, limitations, etc), this book also includes some information on how to prepare your assets for blu-ray authoring.
Highly recommended! Probably the best book available to date. I subtracted a star because it could be better organized and it also could get more in depth about the compression codecs. It should be more like 4.5 stars....
The book is informative, though it also leaves out things I would have wanted to know more about.
Mr. Taylor also gives us great ways to explain in a simpler language to a our customers (that do not know about technical stuff) why some things have to be made in a certain way.
This is a book to keep near the workstation for quick reference, since there are various answers for the day to day problems.
Great book in every aspect
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio
- Books > Deals in Books
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Video > Reference
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Video > Technical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Optics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications > Television & Video
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems