Bluebird Rescue: Country Life Nature Guide Paperback – Mar 1 1992
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Silliness can be charming. Such is the case with Joan Rattner Heilman's Bluebird Rescue: A Harrowsmith Country Life Nature Guide . This slim little volume asks that we join what it calls the "Bluebird Rescue Team," and offers precise instructions about how to build bluebird boxes, where to put them, and how to protect these beautiful but vulnerable little birds from their enemies. The book is filled with brilliant photographs of bluebirds, the illustrations are handsome and practical, and the author's prose is clear and chirpy. What she's saying, without clubbing us over the head with it, is that bluebirds are the coal-mine canaries of the 1990s, more so than most bird species. If they go, we won't be far behind. She has me convinced.
Brian Fawcett (Books in Canada) -- Books in Canada --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Joan Rattner Heilman is a longstanding bluebird enthusiast. She is a freelance writer and author of many books, for adults as well as children. She and her husband, an engineer, have three grown children and reside in Mamaroneck, New York.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Animals > Birds
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Story Collections
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Zoology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching