summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

on June 17, 2003
I previously owned a (much) smaller version of this press, which made an excellent cup of coffee. But that was the problem. It only made a CUP of coffee. I usually have two, and what if others want coffee? It takes a while, going one cup at a time.
Needless to say, I upgraded to this larger press, which makes about 3 times more coffee. It makes the best coffee ever - I could never go back to a junky old drip coffee maker after this. Yeah, it's more work than a drip coffee maker, but really, would you rather have quick, easy coffee that tastes bad, or a delicious cup of coffee that takes 5 minutes more?
Using this is like steeping tea - you boil some water, grind some coffee beans (I hope you're grinding your own coffee beans!) and pour the water over the coffee grounds to let them steep for 4 minutes. Then you push the knob down, which filters delicious coffee into the water and leaves the grounds at the bottom of your pot. Then, voila! You've got about 3 cups of yummy coffee, depending on to what extent you water your cup down with cream and sugar.
If you're one of those people who just CAN'T WAIT for their coffee, you'd be better off getting a typical drip coffee maker. But if you love coffee, and want it to taste as good as it possibly can, you have to buy this press.
on April 10, 2013
Coffee presses make excellent coffee - better than a drip style maker. They are also quite economical on the amount of coffee they use per cup. I have owned this model for several years. They are well made, my only complaint is that the glass container breaks quite easily. This is my preferred model.
on December 22, 2012
I love this coffee press. Sure, it's a little more work than a traditional drip maker but it is worth it: coffee tastes richer. I held back from giving it five stars because there is a small crease in the edge of the mesh which allows some grinds through as I lower the plunger. It's a minor quibble.
on January 7, 2013
This is my first French press and I am pleased. This particular press makes enough coffee for TWO large sized mugs. I think you could likely get three regular sized mugs if you prefer. Like others have said, don't be fooled by the 8 cup capacity as they are referring to the actual volume and not the number of mugs. Don't bother tossing out your drip coffee maker if you have guests over or like to have a pot sitting on the warmer all morning. However, if you take your coffee seriously and think you can survive with just two or three mugs consumed in fairly short order (obviously no warming plate) then you should give this a try. I can safely say that I have never been able to produce a coffee with this much flavour from my drip coffee maker.
on September 17, 2011
Works great. Brews coffee that has excellent taste (given some decent beans) and is hot. I got a small, fine strainer with a handle to keep the grounds out of the plumbing. I'm buying a house with money I save by busting my Starbucks habit.
on May 18, 2014
Good alternative to my big expresso pressure machine, It makes good coffee and I can do more than one cup at a time. Once you find the right proportion for your usual coffee, you won't go back to filter machines
on February 4, 2013
This Coffee Press is well worth it. After a few months of use the handle is a little loose, but everything else is holding up fine. Ensure you are using Coarse ground coffee or else you will get really high pressure when you press down the plunger. Also buy a grinder and grind your own beans just before you brew to ensure the best cup of coffee possible.
on August 1, 2012
I have been using Bodum since late 1990's and the quality is superb. I left my Bodum Coffee Press to my sister when I moved here to Canada. I checked around and found that it's cheaper here at Amazon.ca than in local stores. The delivery was on schedule. The product is just great. You can feel when you hold it that it's of high quality. Since I purchased a larger Bodum coffee press, me & may husband can enjoy brewed coffee. Some have concerns that it does not really measure 8 cups, well it does and you better check your volume conversion (not to make it sound technical). The ad said 8 cups not 8 MUGS!
on November 26, 2013
I do think the French press makes the best coffee. it does take a little longer, but it is always worth the wait. This size is good for one or two people, but if you have more to serve, get a bigger size.
on June 7, 2013
I love this french press. It does two larger cups of coffee at one time. I orginally bought it for a trip to maui. Yes i carried it all the way and was so happy i did. Maui had an amazing selection of coffee and i didn't want to ruin it by a cheap condo style drip coffee maker. Works great, easy to clean, and produced an amazing cup of coffee. Just buy it! You will love it!

See 1 answered question