Top critical review
1 of 1 people found this helpful
on February 16, 2012
I bought this toaster to replace my toaster from my student years. It was a cheap toaster that refused to die and made a so so toast, so I decided to buy a real toaster. I will confess, that I have a bodum bias, so when I saw this on sale I checked the reviews and went for it.
- Makes a lovely toast.
- Has multiple responsive toast settings
- Has a warmer on top.
- The cord neatly wraps and stores in the bottom.
- Cool touch exterior.
- Easy to use crumb tray
- The UGLIEST colour ever. And that is probably an understatement. It is an awful dirty orange. Matt finish. Looks awful. Its just ugly ugly. I keep it hidden on the counter so I only have to look at it when I toast my bread.
- The cool touch exterior is NOT easy to wipe down. Esp, if you get manage to get butter or Jam on it. I think the metal ones are easiest to clean.
- Will ONLY work with store bought wonder bread type bread size. It is NOT deep enough for home made or artisan breads. I had especially called Bodum to confirm depth and the answer was obviously misleading(2 strikes against Bodum). Kept it only because of the price point. Its not too much of a bother for me to toast half slices, my home made vertical loaf bread is quite tall. But it may not work for people who buy other sizes of bread.
- The Crumb tray needs cleaning almost after every use
- The construction feels very very flimsy. Hope it lasts. My refused-to-die toaster cost me barely $20 and I used it for well over a decade. I bought this for $40 on a markdown, doubt its worth the full price.