- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Book of the Fourth World: Reading the Native Americas through their Literature Paperback – Nov 24 1995
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'... a deeply informed, and compelling attempt to come to terms with an alien and, in so many respects, vanished cultural world'. Guardian 'All who are curious about the 'New World' ... will find no better place to begin than here. Brotherston's Book of the Fourth World hushes the din of Europe talking to itself about America, and lets America be heard.' The Times Literary Supplement '... an excellent new study ... as readable as it is original'. New Statesman and Society
The Book of the Fourth World offers detailed analyses of texts that range far back into the centuries of civilised life from what is now Latin- and Anglo-America. In order to explore the literature of this world, Brotherston uses primary sources that have traditionally been ignored because they have not conformed to Western definitions of oral and written literature.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Native American
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Latin American
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Caribbean & Latin American
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Native American
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > Latin American